We are excited to re-launch our grantmaking with an open call for Letters of Introduction (LOI) from organizations interested in receiving a grant for projects or programs that are applying Living Torah wisdom. This call will be open until June 30, 2023.
Our mission is to help Jews and fellow travelers apply Jewish wisdom to thrive and shape a better world. What we call “Living Torah Judaism” is a Judaism relevant and enriching to our modern lives and a Judaism that’s alive and evolving through dialogue with the contemporary world. With this open LOI, we will be considering grants to organizations deeply aligned with our mission and Living Torah Judaism.
Because we are in the midst of an internal planning process, grants we make this year will be limited to projects and programs and will only be for one year. We expect to add new, longer-term grants to our portfolio starting in 2024. With this open LOI process, we hope to deepen current relationships with organizations we know to be mission-aligned and to develop new relationships with organizations. We will also be experimenting with a new, less cumbersome application process (details below).
To further our work, for the last year we have been developing a hypothesis about the essential components of powerful Jewish experiences, which we are calling The 3P Framework. In addition to our interest in considering LOIs for all types of projects from mission-aligned organizations that are applying Living Torah wisdom, we also welcome LOIs for projects specifically focused on experimenting with The 3P Framework from organizations that are enthusiastic about working with us to test and refine our thinking about this hypothesis.
Please read the below details thoroughly. In lieu of a long, written grant application, a limited number of organizations that send an LOI will be invited to have discussions with Foundation staff about the project they have briefly outlined in the LOI.
Before sending an LOI, please check to make sure you meet our eligibility requirements:
- Your organization’s mission aligns with applying Jewish wisdom to help Jews and fellow travelers thrive and shape a better world. To understand more about the mission of Lippman Kanfer Foundation for Living Torah, please read our website thoroughly.
- Your organization is not currently receiving a grant from Lippman Kanfer Foundation for Living Torah.
- Your organization has 501(c)3 status or a fiscal sponsor.
Contents of LOI
Please submit an LOI that includes:
- A 1-2 page overview of the organization’s mission and key personnel, including the organization’s leadership and the project/program leadership for which you are applying for funding.
- Whether you are applying for an Applying Living Torah Wisdom Grant, or if you are interested in 3P Framework experimentation with us.
- A brief (up to 1 page) description or outline of the project or program for which you want to receive a grant.
- A clear, simple budget for the project or program, including the amount you hope to receive from Lippman Kanfer Foundation for Living Torah. Please also note other funding sources, if any.
- The total operating budget for your entire organization for fiscal years 2022 and 2023. (We don’t need a breakdown of the full organizational budget).
- Proof of 501(c)3 status.
We welcome you to provide materials that have already been created.
Please email submissions as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than EOD June 30, 2023. If you have questions about the 3P Framework experimentation grant opportunity or the LOI process please email email@example.com.